Hey mums and dads!
School Holidays are coming quick and we found the perfect cure for those unwanted “I’m bored mum/dad” comments. Our kids only lessons will get the kids ripping the waves in no time 🙂
So… Are your kids keen to Get Wet? Our kids only surf lessons are for little frothers who want to try their hand at shredding without the adults.
These classes are for 6 to 12 year olds and will run throughout the school holidays. They run every morning (except for Sundays). Kids only classes are run with an even lower coach-to-participant ratio of 4:1 to ensure maximum amounts of both safety and fun! All equipment provided including sun protection long sleeve rashies (Sun safety first) and lessons will be held at 8 am to avoid the heat of the day.
Our surf school is located at the Spit, the far north surfing beach on the Gold Coast. If you have surfed previously with us, you know how great this place really is, especially for kids. The pumping jetty and the rock wall collect high amounts of sand that result in gently rolling waves you can surf all the way to shore. This will make the surfing for your kids easy, fun and most importantly, very safe 😉
We understand life can get busy at times and sometimes you can’t commit to a whole program. This is why we have incorporated a Drop-in format so kids can do one lesson, 3 lessons or 5 lessons and learn new skills each time they come back.
Not so busy mum/dad?
An adults class will run at the same time each morning so if you want to have a crack without having to worry about the kids you can 😉
Who can join this class?
- Any child between 6 and 12 years
- Children under 6 we recommend a private lesson
- No swimming ability necessary. The lesson is conducted in waist-deep water but you must be strong enough to hold onto your own surfboard (parents may assist with this)
- All levels of fitness are welcome to join as you can participate at your own pace
- Any child with a medical condition or previous injury are recommended to seek the advice of your physician
Interested?? Book online here or call 1800 GET WET and we will be happy to help you.
See you in the water 🙂